Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Welcome to This New Blog

                                                                                                                                     AMDG


Greetings I  hope you are having a blessed day and that everything is well with you and yours.

Questions and Answers:  Occasionally I receive questions about the Catholic faith from my family or my friends.  I believe it is very important no only to get the answers if I can, but to make sure they are  correct answers. I hope to use this blog to try to answer questions and make the information available to all.  In this process I may be able to provide links to  some trusted resources for more information.

Prayer petitions can be  requested  online.   I deeply appreciate your prayers, and as some of you know, I send special prayer requests online by email to Our Lady Queen of Angels Monastery at Hanceville, Alabama.  These cloistered nuns participate in perpetual (24/7) adoration prayer before the Blessed Sacrament.
This is the monastery of  Poor  Clare nuns founded by Mother Angelica, who began the EWTN international Catholic television network and short wave ratio network.  The incredible story of how these TV and radio networks  began, in my view, is in itself a testimony to the power of prayer.  I am advised not to include their email addresses on this blog, but I will gladly email it directly to you at your request.  And therefore, in the Catholic tradition,  I begin my blog asking for God's blessing In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, Amen.

Political and social issues of the day
I hope to begin a separate  blog to cover issues like the following.  If this happens, I will provide the link in case you are interested.
What is the Manhattan Declaration, and should Catholics sign it?
What is the authentic Catholic position on capitalism and free enterprise?
Why are people leaving  AARP and joining  AMAC?

(and a wide range similar  topics)




Blessings to you and your family.

2 comments:

  1. Hej Dad! Looking forward to reading your blog entries--what a terrific thing for you to do! Hope you include lots of personal experiences and anecdotes in it so we get to know you and your life better, and from your perspective. What a great gift for you to give us as YOU turn 80!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mr. Poirier, Truly, I'm an inconsisstent and infrequent visitor to fb and blogs, but came across yours through your son (and our friend) Michael John (and his holy family). Thanks for sharing your wisdom, insight and faith with those of us younger (it feels great to write that I'm younger at older 54!). This comment is to tell you that in addition to our friends in common, the beautiful sisters in AL, you can also go to the Lourdes website and make a prayer request which will be printed that day and placed in the Grotto to be included as a prayer intention at 11:00 pm (French time) Mass and your intention will be present in the Grotto for Adoration and Exposition following Mass:
    http://www.lourdes-france.org/index.php?contexte=en&id=499
    Happy 80th Birthday! Totus Tuus! Marlene Watkins, Lourdes Volunteers

    ReplyDelete